Cortec VpCI®-347 | Heavy Duty Lubricant | 5 Gal
VpCI®-347 is a multifunctional corrosion inhibitor/ heavy-duty lubricant concentrate for metalworking operations. VpCI®-347 is superior to heavy-duty petroleum-based rust preventives. High performance characteristics make VpCI®-347 ideally suited for heavy-duty cutting, milling, turning, drilling, boring, broaching, gear cutting and other machining operations. VpCI®-347 contains lubricating and corrosion inhibiting compounds, and is extremely resistant to rancid attack by bacteria. When used as directed, VpCI®-347 prevents corrosion during in-plant processing, storage and export shipment for up to 24 months.
Conforms to MIL PRF-16173E (Grade 1&2).
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI® products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Low to no smoke or burning vapors
- Low foaming
- Prevents corrosive attack caused by chlorides,aggressive industrial gases and acidic atmospheres
- Effective in high humidity (laboratory tests of standard cold-rolled steel panels showed no signs of corrosion at 100% relative humidity after 2,000 hr. per ASTM D-1748)
- Provides excellent drawability,lubricity and wetting under pressure
- Displaces water and oil from metal surfaces, leaving a thin transparent film
- Economical (can be diluted up to 1 part VpCI®-347 to 40 parts water)
- Protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Easy to remove from metal surfaces
- Contains no chlorinated compounds, chromates, or nitrites
- Eliminates cleaning and housekeeping problems associated with
- rust inhibiting oils
- No need for slushing oils
- Weldable in most cases.
- Resistant to rancid attack by bacteria
- Forms a transparent film
- NATO #6850-66-132-6101 #6850-66-132-6102
- NSN 6850-01-470-2740
• Carbon steel
• Cast iron
• Stainless steel
SHELF LIFE: Up to 24 months.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: This product is packaged in 5 gallon (19 liter) pails. VpCI®-347 is also available in 55 gallon (208 liter) drums, liquid totes and bulk. The product should be sealed and stored in a heated warehouse to avoid freezing.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is "Made to Order" and has an approximate lead time of 3 weeks after receipt of order.
VpCI®-347 should be stored in heated warehouse to avoid freezing.
UNITED STATES SHIPPING CLASSIFICATION: Does not recover from freezing. IMPORTANT: Lead time may be substantially increased during winter months due to freezing temperatures. Items MUST be shipped via Heated Truck.