Cortec VpCI®-316 | Liquid Concentrate for Copper and Brass | 55 Gal
VpCI®-316 is a water-based corrosion preventive concentrate designed to replace corrosion inhibiting oils for copper. When diluted with water before application, VpCI®-316 produces a corrosion inhibiting and lubricating film, offering barrier and vapor phase corrosion protection. VpCI®-316 is a corrosion inhibitor that is completely soluble in water. VpCI®-316 produces a very thin, transparent, tack-free film on the metal surface. The film produced is a unique synthetic lubricant which provides resistance to scratching and mechanical damage of finely machined parts. It is non-toxic, environmentally friendly and does not contain nitrite or phosphate inhibitors. VpCI®-316 also provides sufficient lubrication for stamping and cutting processes.
VpCI®-316 is supplied in concentrate form and is effective in a variety of dilutions from 2-30% in water. This wide dilution range allows VpCI®-316 to provide excellent Vapor phase Corrosion protection for 1 to 24 months in the most economical way for a variety of applications.
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI® products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Replaces oils / solvent-based compounds
- Reduces the cost of protection when compared to oil / solvent-based inhibitors
- Eliminates fire hazard associated with oil / solvent-based compounds
- Contains Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitors (VpCI®)
- Protects metals through a unique vapor phase action
- Prevents scratching and mechanical damage of plated and painted products and sticking of pre-painted coiled steel and sheets
- Environmentally friendly and containing no nitrites, phosphates, nor silicones
- Can be removed with water or any standard cleaning technique, if necessary
- Provides excellent protection for copper and brass
- Also available with UV additive
SHELF LIFE: Up to 24 months.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: This product is packaged in 55 gallon (208 liter) drums. VpCI®-316 is also available in 5 gallon (19 liter) pails, liquid totes and bulk.