Cortec VmCI-307 | Corrosion Inhibiting Powder | 100 lb.
VmCI-307 powder protects both ferrous and non-ferrous metals from corrosion in recessed areas, interior cavities and voids. VmCI-307 provides an extremely efficient dry method to protect metals within an enclosed space. The VmCI vaporizes and adsorbs on all metal surfaces, reaching all exposed areas, including recessed sections and interior cavities.
Meets MIL I-22110C.
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Does not contain silicates, phosphates, nitrites, secondary amines, or heavy metals
- Provides up to 24 months of continuous protection
- Creates monomolecular inhibiting layer
- Vapor phase inhibiting action protects inaccessible surfaces
- If VmCI layer is disturbed by moisture or opening of the enclosed space, it will be replenished by continuous vapor redeposition
- Easy to apply
- VmCI layer does not need to be removed prior to processing or use in most cases
- Powder is easily removed by air gun or water
- VmCI layer does not interfere with operation of mechanical components
- Provides multi-metal protection
- Commercial equivalent to MIL I-22110C
- NSN 6850-01-632-7695
• Carbon Steel
• Stainless Steel
• Cast Iron
• Galvanized Steel
- Bottom plate protection of above-ground petroleum storage tanks
- Tubular structures, pipes, and vessels
- Internal surfaces of void spaces such as tanks, boilers, and heat exchangers
- Dry lay-up of closed circuit cooling systems
- Equipment protection after hydrostatic testing
- Cavities and void spaces on ships, barges, offshore platforms, sewage plants, dams, etc
SHELF LIFE: Up to 24 months.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: This product is packaged in 5 lb. boxes. VmCI-307 is also available in 50 lb. and 100 lb. drums. Store in a sealed container in a dry warehouse avoiding direct exposure to sunlight, with temperature not exceeding 150F (65C).