Cortec VpCI®-377 | Water-Based Rust Preventative | 275 Gal
VpCI®-377 is a water-based concentrate designed as a complete replacement for oil-based preventives for indoor protection of equipment and components. VpCI®-377 is a corrosion preventive liquid that meets tough antipollution requirements. The wide dilution range with water (0.5-20 percent) allows flexibility to customize the length of protection required and the applied cost per square foot (or m2).
VpCI®-377 forms a solution in water and is applied to metal surfaces by spraying or dipping. VpCI®-377 does not need to be removed, but if necessary, can be removed with conventional alkaline cleaners, such as Cortec's VpCI®-410 Series.
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI® products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
• Protects ferrous and non-ferrous metals
• Water-soluble, environmentally friendly, and safe to apply
• Prevents flash corrosion on cold-rolled steel
• Very stable in hard water
• Extends shelf-life of finished product
• Will not clog filtration systems
• Forms a clear, dry, hydrophobic film which renders an attractive appearance to protected parts
• Vapor phase action protects uncoated surfaces and difficult to reach areas
• Easy to remove if necessary
• Nitrite- and phosphate ester-free
• Dry film is stable up to 350°F (176°C)
• Passes ASTM D-4627-86 (Test Method for Iron Chip Corrosion for Water-soluble Metalworking Fluids) at 2% by weight
• Excellent wetting properties
• Free of hazardous amines
• No hazardous decomposition by-products
• Can be coated over with conventional paint systems
SHELF LIFE: Up to 24 months.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: This product is packaged in 275 gallon totes. VpCI®-377 is also available in 5 gallon (19 liter) plastic pails, 55 gallon (208 liter) drums, bulk, and EcoAir compressed air 12 oz. cans. VpCI®-377 should be stored sealed in a heated warehouse to avoid freezing.