Cortec VpCI®-329F | Oil-Based Concentrate | Liquid Additive (USDA-FDA Approved) | 55 Gal - CUSTOM PRODUCT
VpCI®-329F is a USDA (US Department of Agriculture) approved oil-based concentrate for use as an additive to lubricating and hydraulic oils or as a ready-to-use corrosion preventive fluid. VpCI®-329F protects in two unique ways. First, oil soluble corrosion inhibitors offer a tenacious film which clings to metal surfaces, providing excellent contact corrosion protection. In addition to this film barrier, Cortec VpCIs release vapor phase corrosion inhibitors into the air that attach electrochemically to the metal surface.
VpCI®-329F is easily diluted with lubricating, hydraulic and preservative oils approved for food plants. Provides universal protection to ferrous and nonferrous metals. Non-toxic and thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and vapor phase corrosion protection. VpCI®-329F is a special version of VpCI®-329, which has been approved by the USDA for use on packaging materials in direct contact with meat or poultry.
Conforms to FDA regulation, CFR 178.3300 Corrosion inhibtors used for steel or tinplate, for indirect food contact.
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI® products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Performs effectively even under the adverse conditions of 100% relative humidity and in the presence of such corrosive species as chlorides
- High flash and fire points
- Contains no hazardous chromates, nitrites, or phosphate inhibitors
- VpCI®-329 F is easily diluted with lubricating, hydraulic, and preservative oils approved for food plants
- Provides universal protection to ferrous and nonferrous metals
- Non-toxic and thermally stable, providing long-lasting contact and vapor phase corrosion protection
- VpCI®-329 F is a special version of VpCI®-329, which has been accepted by the USDA “for use on packaging materials in indirect contact with meat or poultry” Conforms to FDA regulation, CFR 178.3300 Corrosion inhibitors used for steel or tinplate; for indirect food contact.
SHELF LIFE: 24 months in sealed drums.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: This product is packaged in 55 gallon (208 liter) metal drums. VpCI®-329F is also available in 5 gallon (19 liter) plastic pails, liquid totes and bulk. VpCI®-329F should be stored sealed. Agitate before each use.