Cortec VpCI Boiler Lizard® | 1 Water Soluble Bag
Boiler Lizard® contains VpCI powder in a polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) water-soluble bag. The powder formulation is free of phosphates, heavy metals, nitrites and free amines. Designed for dry lay-up of boilers, the Boiler Lizard® powder protects metals in enclosed spaces. Protects up to 1000 gallons system capacity.
Cortec Boiler Lizard® VpCIs vaporize and absorb on all metal surfaces, reaching all recessed areas and interior cavities.
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Multi-phase protection (vapor phase, liquid phase, and at the air-water interface)
- Easy and safe to handle
- Water-soluble, non-irritating PVA bags
- Formulation is free of phosphate, heavy metals, nitrites, and free amines
- Provides continuous corrosion protection during dry lay-up period of up to 12 months
- Protects ferrous metals and aluminum
- Vapor phase corrosion inhibiting action protects inaccessible and recessed surfaces
- Requires little or no surface preparation for routine shutdown maintenance
- Protective layer does not need to be removed prior to equipment start-up
- Eliminates need for other forms of protection including nitrogen blankets, moisture-absorbing material (e.g., quicklime or silica gel desiccant), and dry air circulation
- Reduces chemical consumption and costs
- Increases worker productivity and safety
- Protects up to 1,000 gallon system capacity per bag (5 yd3 or 3.8 m3)
SHELF LIFE: Up to 2 years.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
This product is packaged in (1) 3.3 lb (1.5 kg) bag in a tube.
Bag dimensions 4 x 4 x 34"
Store in sealed container in a dry warehouse.
Do not store in conditions above 130F (54C).