Cortec VpCI®-344 | Metalworking Water-borne Coolant / Lubricant | 275 Gal
VpCI®-344 is a concentrated corrosion preventive liquid/ metalworking lubricant for wet tempering of galvanized and cold-rolled steel, difficult-to-produce metal stampings, wire rope, tubular products and machine parts. This water-based product utilizes Vapor phase Corrosion Inhibitor (VpCI) technology for maximum protection. VpCI®-344 gives very good protection when coated on metal surfaces, and has a unique vapor phase action which protects uncoated and difficult-to-reach areas on casting and stamping equipment. When used as directed, VpCI®-344 prevents corrosion indoors for up to two years. VpCI®-344 forms a clear solution in water. If needed, this product is designed to be removed with conventional alkaline cleaners.
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI® products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Water-soluble, environmentally friendly, and safe to apply
- Prevents flash corrosion on cold-rolled steel
- Very stable in hard water
- Does not affect slip characteristics
- Extends shelf life of finished product
- Will not clog filtration systems
- Forms a hydrophobic film
- Forms a clear, dry film which renders an attractive appearance to protected parts
- Unique vapor phase action protects uncoated surfaces and areas difficult to reach
- Is easy to remove, if necessary
- Nitrite- and phosphate ester-free
- Passes ASTM D-4627-86 (Test Method for Iron Chip Corrosion for Water-soluble Metalworking Fluids) at 2% by weight
SHELF LIFE: Up to 24 months.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: This product is packaged in 275 gallon totes. VpCI®-344 is also available in 5 gallon (19 liter) plastic pails, 55 gallon (208 liter) drums, and bulk. The product should be sealed and stored in a heated warehouse to avoid freezing.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is "Made to Order" and has an approximate lead time of 3 weeks after receipt of order.