Cortec VpCI-309 | Corrosion Inhibiting Pouch
VpCI-309 Pouch contains a Vapor phase Corrosion In- hibitor (VpCI) powder for corrosion protection of ferrous metals in recessed areas, interior cavities, and voids. The pouches are constructed from breathable Tyvek®, which allows the VpCI molecules to be emitted through the membrane and form a molecular layer on metal surfaces providing corrosion protection. VpCI-309 pouch is easy to use: there are no chemi- cal concentrations to calculate and no need for special equipment for application; just determine the number of pouches required per unit space. VpCI-309 Pouches provide a clean method for corrosion protection. VpCI-309 Pouch provides an extremely efficient dry method to protect metals within an enclosed space. The VpCI vaporizes and adsorbs on all metal surfaces reach- ing all exposed areas including recessed sections and interior cavities. VpCI-309 Pouches are available as a string of 50 pouch- es. Crimped edges may be cut to form smaller strings or even individual pouches on site. Custom orders are also available.
• Tubular structures, pipes, vessels, and turbines
• Internal surfaces of compressors, turbines, engines, tanks, boilers, and heat exchangers
• Dry lay-up of closed circuit cooling systems
• Equipment protection after hydrostatic testing
• Parts, components, and completed assemblies during shipping and storage
• Segmental concrete bridge tendons/cables
Cortec is a world leader in rust and corrosion removal and protection. Cortec VpCI products offer cost-effective and environmentally friendly corrosion protection solutions that are bio-degradable, self replenishing and provide multi-metal protection.
- Does not contain silicates, phosphates, nitrites, or heavy metals
- Provides up to 24 months of continuous protection
- Vapor phase inhibiting action protects inaccessible and;recessed surfaces
- If the VpCI layer is disturbed by moisture or opening the enclosed space, the layer is replenished by continuous vapor redeposition
- Protected products can be shipped to customers without removing protective VpCI film
- Prevents further corrosion of pre-coated and painted surfaces
- Clean and easy to use
- Provides protection to ferrous metals only
- LD50 ORAL: 2100mg/kg of body weight (rat)
SHELF LIFE: Up to 24 months
PACKAGING AND STORAGE: VpCI-309 Pouches are available as 50 units per carton. Do not store in conditions above 150°F (65°C). Close cartons between uses. The shelf life of unopened cartons of VpCI-309 Pouches is up to 24 months.
Each pouch is 6” W x 10” L x 0.5” H (15.3cm x 25.4cm x 1.3cm)